Humboldt Post-Doc Fellowship
This funding line offers up to three-year postdoctoral positions at Humboldt-Universität to outstanding young researchers who have recently completed their PhD. During this time, the postdoctoral fellows have the opportunity to extend and refine their academic profile. They conduct a research project of high academic quality and originality in cooperation with partners at Humboldt-Universität and, where relevant, their non-university partners.
Who can apply?
Excellent postdoctoral researchers from Germany and abroad; half of the fellowships are awarded to women.
What are the relevant criteria?
The research proposal should be original and of a high academic standard; the research should be conducted in cooperation with partners at HU and, where relevant, their non-university partners.
How much funding is provided?
There will be up to eight temporary positions (public sector pay scale 13, full time) during the Institutional Strategy’s funding phase; funding is provided for three years.
What is the deadline for applications?
Applications can be submitted as soon as the announcement is online; the deadline is 5 April. The positions are temporary with a maximum duration of three years (funding begins on 1 August).
What is the application procedure?
- Standard application form, including a project description, CV and list of publications
- Description of the research project to be conducted during the fellowship, including information on the candidate’s academic objectives (maximum of two pages)
- Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s PhD supervisor
- Statement by the host institute/department
- Copy of the candidate’s PhD thesis and one major publication from the last two years (articles, lectures, papers, book chapters)
- The host institute/department should inform the dean of the relevant faculty about the application.
Humboldt Graduate School